Join our small, high-impact team of creative and analytical minds working together to solve a multifaceted problem: how to be seen and heard in a complex, competitive media landscape, so we can help turn a small startup into a global brand.
Our team is committed to: 1) doing great work, to meet the high standards of the international markets we’ll be working in, and 2) doing what works: focusing our efforts to make a smart, strategic impact on a big and messy playing field.
In this role, you’ll work to:
1. Secure coverage for HYDRAGUN in top traditional and digital media across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America. This includes:
- Helping to develop and fine-tune HYDRAGUN’S media strategy, in collaboration with the rest of the Outreach team;
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating specific media and PR programmes and campaigns to support various brand building initiatives;
- Building and maintaining relationships with key media contacts;
- Building and maintaining relationships with experts, brand ambassadors, spokespersons, and others who can help to build the brand’s media presence;
- Developing and pitching brand stories, and identifying other opportunities for media coverage;
- Developing written materials and other media-related content, including media kits, press releases, Q&A, media statements on brand and corporate issues, and so on;
- Formulating timely and appropriate responses to media inquiries, in collaboration with marketing and subject matter experts;
- Working with and providing direction to external media and PR agencies, to ensure that their strategy and executions are effective and appropriate, and that all communications are accurate, relevant, and consistent with HYDRAGUN’s overall brand messaging and positions.
2. Secure valuable strategic partnerships for HYDRAGUN, with a view to increasing the brand’s reach and building brand awareness and brand equity. This includes:
- Helping to develop and fine-tune HYDRAGUN’s partnerships strategy, in collaboration with the rest of the Outreach team;
- Researching, identifying and evaluating partnership opportunities, such as with sports teams and leagues, recovery and performance coaches and experts, celebrities, and key opinion leaders;
- Developing and negotiating partnership agreements, either directly or through external talent management agents/agencies;
- Building and maintaining relationships with partners, including keeping up-to-date on relevant news and developments related to the partnership;
- Working with partners and their representatives to ensure that their content and communications are congruent with HYDRAGUN’s messaging and brand identity.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field AND 2-3 years' working experience in a Media Relations or Public Relations role, OR
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Media Relations or Public Relations role.
- Graduate from a reputable college or university, with honors/distinction is highly preferred.
- Communications. Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must have flawless English (other languages would be a bonus). Must be able to convey information with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Relationship management. Must be able to develop and maintain strong and effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organisational hierarchy.
- Project management. Must be able to plan and execute complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Must be agile and responsive to unexpected developments and course-correct where required.
- Teamwork. Able to function as an influential communications consultant to the rest of the team. Able to work effectively with others.
- Digital exposure. Must be familiar with the digital media landscape and social media tools including Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.
- International exposure. Familiarity with both Asian and western markets strongly preferred.
Our goal is to raise the overall talent density of our team. We are not just looking to plainly fill a role. The expectation is that you will have the freedom and autonomy to plan and execute on what is necessary to get us results. And that you can do so without the need for someone to oversee your work.
Think you have what it takes, submit your application and let’s chat.