Do you love creating and sharing content to better people’s lives? Are you well-versed with the ins and outs of the social media space? Are you brimming with ideas for viral content? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a strong candidate to grow and expand our brand presence on social media to share content about peak performance.
Our social media channels are one of the first touchpoints of the brand and it is critical that we leave a strong and memorable impression on our audience. As a social media manager, you will be creating content that new audiences will first interact with when they discover our brand.
You will be responsible for strategizing, planning and working with the team to create content on peak performance, our products and our partnerships. You will be tasked to grow our current social media channels and explore new platforms to expand into.
- Research, gather knowledge and compile content ideas for the different social media platforms
- Create a unique and appropriate content strategy for each platform
- Work with our creative team of writers, graphic designers and video editors to create content
- Manage and schedule content on the social media platforms
- Write engaging and persuasive captions using the appropriate brand voice
- Increase brand trust and positive brand perception
- Look out for new platforms and opportunities that we can expand our content to
- Plan and execute omnichannel content distribution
- Keep up to date on relevant trends, news and updates on social media algorithms
- Collect and analyze data to figure out what kinds of content are working and what aren’t
Required Skills & Experience
- Fluency in English reading, writing and comprehension skills
- Excellent active listening skills
- Highly organized and meticulous with a strong attention to detail, yet not nitpicky
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking skills and able to display good judgement and decision-making
- Able to solve problems creatively
- Strong leadership and management skills with positive influence over others
- Able to work autonomously and interdependently with the team without guidance or “hand holding”, yet not uncommunicative and operating in a silo
- Demonstrates integrity and focuses on great customer experience
- Able to communicate instructions and feedback clearly and directly
- Able to accept feedback critically and apply with good judgement
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing work flows and responsibilities
- Passionate about peak performance and actively works on improving their mental and physical performance consistently
- Able to work within tight deadlines and meets or exceeds targets
- Deep understanding of omnichannel marketing
- Ability to learn and take on responsibilities quickly at a high level
- 3+ years as a social media manager
- Strategized and built content funnels
- Storytelling on social media
- Grown a DTC social media brand to 10k followers and beyond
- Familiar with data analytics for social media
- Familiar with software for social listening to understand brand perception
- Very familiar with popular social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree with majors in Communication, Marketing, Business, or Economics; or equivalent work experience required
- Graduate from a reputable College or University, with honors/distinction is highly preferred
- Self-starter. Have started personal projects and seen it to completion with relative success
- Able to give and take feedback well
- Does some form of exercise at least 3 times a week
- Great leadership qualities
- Remote working experience with a team
Our goal is to raise the overall talent density of our team. We are not just looking to plainly fill a role. The expectation is that you will have the freedom and autonomy to plan and execute on what is necessary to get us results. And that you can do so without the need for someone to oversee your work.
Think you have what it takes, submit your application and let’s chat.